Tel: 01425 651470

BTC/135/2019 - Opinion ... Highway authorities failing on risk

Research commissioned by the National Tree Safety Group (2009) indicated that tree failures cause about six deaths and 55 serious injuries annually, and more than 75% occur on highways.  However, very few of those incidents ever get to court (fewer than 2%).  The remaining 98% are usually settled with confidentiality agreements.


PDF Download